Friday, September 18, 2009

Thistle Farms

Anyone who has known me and spoken to me in depth about what I want to happen with my life, knows that I have plans! The closer and closer I get to getting out of college, the more that these plans and dreams are coming to the forefront. One thing that I would love to do, it open up a facility that assists women who are coming off of the streets after being prostitutes. At this facility, we would work on rehab, counseling, family reconciliation, job training, and working on a more positive, independent life.

There is an organization that I have known about for awhile, that is phenomenal. It is very similar to what I want to do. Magdalene is located in Tennessee, it is a two year residential facility. The women who are there work at their organization called Thistle Farms. Thistle Farms makes bath and body products and then all of the proceeds go back to help the women.

This is the easiest way to support one of these organizations, just buy a bottle of lotion or lip balm. It's good for you and a good cause.

www.thistlefarms.org

2 comments:

  1. I heard the founder of Thistle Farms speak this summer. :)

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I wish I could of, was she at the conference that you worked at?

    ReplyDelete